Dear Music, I Can Never Thank You Enough!

Dear Music, I Can Never Thank You Enough!

Music….”it answers all my questions, the noble, mighty thing, it is “green pastures and still waters” to my soul. Indeed, without music I should wish to die. Even poetry, Sweet Patron Muse forgive me the words, is not what music is.”

Music is medicine for the soul.

It helped me tolerate the painful stimulus caused by sickness, fear & anxiety.

Music saves me.

It is a powerful force—a spirit.

It was, and still the balance between distracting myself with photography and silent spaces.

I always had my music on throughout the trials I faced.

On most of the days spent in the hospital, whenever I had the strength, I had earphones plugged in—and sometimes, I played my music on safe volume, so others could listen.

I remember playing “Evidence” by Elevation Worship on a random day, and one of my wardmates thanked me for recharging her faith-level.
Music started conversations between nurses and other wardmates. It worked over our bodies, uplifted our spirits, stirred our faith and gave us hope—steadily catapulting some of us out of misery.

I am very grateful for the life-giving power of Music—Soul Enlivener—Faith Resolver.

Music is medicine for pain, loss, sorrow, hopelessness, anger, guilt, worry……. its medicine for any feeling that detaches your spirit away from source.

It’s a nourishing refreshment that shouldn’t be sipped alone.

So, I will share a list of some songs X artistes that uplifted my spirit when I was in or out of pain. I hope it elevates and comforts you.

Namaste!

In no order of preference {different genres}:
……… except No.1 🙂

1. It Is Well – Bethel Music & Kristene DiMarco
2. Hey Now – London Grammar
3. Come to Me – Bethel Music & Jenn Johnson (You want to charge your spirit with this one)
4. Belief – John Mayer

61. On Hold – The xx
62. Sunsets – The xx
63. Happy – Lighthouse Family
64. We Can Hurt Together – Sia
65. Evidence – Elevation Worship
66. The Answer – Jeremy Camp

Please share the music that lifts you up in comment box.

Share:

10 Comments

1. Busayo
    May 14, 2018 / 12:09 pm

Music has saved me more than anything else I can think of, here’s some of the songs that have made my most difficult days extremely bearable
    King of my heart – kutless
    Emi a rire – Lara George
    Champion- Israel Houghton
    You are good- Tye Tribbet
    Still that girl- Britt Nicole
    The sun Is rising – Britt Nicole
    Dessert song- Hillsong
    10,000 reasons – Matt Redman
    In christ alone – All versions
    You never let go – Matt Redman
    He’ll take the pain away- krik Franklin (perhaps my favorite one yet)
    The storm is over – krik Franklin
    Seasons change- United pursuit
    Trouble- Avicii

• May 14, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Thank you for sharing. I will listen to the ones I am not familiar with.

2. May 14, 2018 / 9:28 pm

So true! Music has such a powerful effect. For me especially if I feel like I need to pray but can’t find the words I’ll always put on some music. Take me to the king by Tamela Mann, Spirit Break Out by William McDowell and How Great Thou Art by Pentantonix and Jennifer Hudson are some of my go to songs!
    In life in general I feel like there’s always a soundtrack playing 😁

• May 14, 2018 / 9:48 pm

Touché on the “need to pray but cant find the words.” I love Spirit Break Out – Worship Central’s version. I will listen to McDowell’s and the others you have listed.

Thank you!

3. May 15, 2018 / 9:56 am

I often forget the power of music when life gets so overwhelming for me and I’m spinning out of control. Music just has a way of bringing me back to focus. It’s amazing.

I will take a personal moment to listen to theses songs and make it a playlist called Nicole’s Picks on my Spotify. Thank you for sharing 😊

4. Adebimbola
    May 15, 2018 / 5:40 pm

Nice write up and a great reminder about the power of music. I don’t know what happened to me but I don’t listen to music as much as I used to few years ago and it feels like a huge task getting myself back there. I think life just happened lol

Any suggestions on how to get back.

I’ll listen to your options listed here, who knows……….

• May 17, 2018 / 8:06 pm

Create a playlist. Put all the songs you love in one space OR make use of your iTunes music.
      When you get out of bed, play your music while you cook/work/clean/exercise/when you want to present. Just allow it be your background. Music is truly liberating.

5. Olu Toluhi
    May 16, 2018 / 7:16 pm

Hey Nicole ♥️♥️
    Thanks for sharing this list.
    May the Lord JESUS continually give you songs at all times.
    You’re a testimony.
    You always will be😘

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This is my story

Hey there, I am Nicole and this is my Survival Story in style.

I was living my best life, feeling quite balanced: physically, spiritually and emotionally, until May 2015 when I fell chronically ill with series of unrelated diagnosis. I eventually got a breakthrough in March 2017 with a provisional diagnosis: Inflammatory Myositis, an autoimmune condition.

It's been a whirlwind journey: from immense pain, to tears, laughter, love, comfort, fellowship, fear, confusion, anger, despondence.

And then, Hope.

Somehow, all the suffering I had to endure has lit my way and given me new courage to face and live my life victoriously and cheerfully.

I am grateful for this whole experience, as it has pivoted me into a different spiritual realm {The Zoe Life} and reshaped my general mentality about life.

This blog chronicles my walk through the valley and shadows. I will be giving my best to you, my readers, by stealing momemts to do the things I love: which is to share my catharsis through words & my complete passion for FASHION & STYLE, in hope that it will encourage and inspire you.

I hope we remain a community that support and uplift each other.